As we all continue our global battle against COVID 19, we here in Peru are optimistically looking to the future in hopes that we will soon receive news regarding the gradual return to business as usual. We are disappointed to announce that we must suspend our Mountain Lodges of Peru departures through end of February 2021. Having said that, we have amended our transfer policies so that our guests are able to reschedule their trips without penalties/additional charges.
If you were planning to join us during this time, our current modified booking policies will remain in place. Please note the following:
- We have waived our standard transfer fees for transfer to 2021 and 2022 departures.
- Your non-refundable deposits will be applied to your account with us as a credit toward future bookings.
And just to allay any COVID-19-related concerns that you may have about traveling to Peru in the near future, we would like to briefly share an outline of the official information that we have received from the Peruvian Ministry of International Trade and In the coming weeks we will provide updates on lodge re-opening and trail status. Please check our website for the most up-to-date information.
- The current policies on social distancing, handwashing, and mandatory masks will continue.
- All businesses with direct client contact, including restaurants and lodging/accommodations facilities, will be subject to mandatory and rigorous sanitizing/disinfecting protocols on a daily basis.
- Guest temperatures will be registered once daily.
- All gear related to adventure sports will be subject to mandatory and rigorous sanitizing/disinfecting protocols on a daily basis.
- Please check our “Health and Safety” page for details.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns—we are here for you and looking forward to welcoming you to our MLP community.
All the best,
Mountain Lodges of Peru
When we welcome you, we pledge to provide you with a safe environment.
Every step of our guest experience has its own set of protocols to guarantee your safety and wellbeing while fulfilling our vision: Providing an excellent service. Driven by our values, every operation will be aligned with the new hospitality standards, in compliance with social distancing norms, food safety, and cleaning standards. We actively develop and supervise our protocols to ensure a continuous focus on the health and safety of our guests, team members, and suppliers, as we are strongly committed to health and safety at our facilities and in our community.
Before Your trip
The Peruvian Government has taken the following measures to fight COVID-19:
- Travelers are required to present negative PCR tests to enter the country.
- Mandatory quarantine for a period of fourteen (14) calendar days, counted from the arrival in the national territory, for all Peruvians, foreigners residing in Peru and foreign visitors, who enter the national territory by international transport, regardless of the country of origin.
- The quarantine measure may end before fulfilling the aforementioned 14 calendar days if the traveler obtains a negative result of the Covid19 molecular test carried out after six (6) calendar days from the date of entry to the country. The cost of the test will be borne by the passenger.
- Cleaning protocols are adopted to disinfect every area on an ongoing basis, with particular emphasis on high-touch and high-traffic areas, such as counters and front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys, among others.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the hotel, especially in high traffic areas.
- Public areas have been reorganized according to new maximum capacity requirements. The spaces are duly signposted in compliance with the social distancing requirements.
- Transparent screens or other physical barriers will be installed in spaces such as front desk, bar or restaurant areas when necessary.
- Public access restrooms are cleaned according to protocols.
- Non-contact greetings to practice physical distancing (6 feet or 1.8 meters).
- Guests must wear masks and follow local regulations.
- We minimize high-touch physical areas and take extreme precautions when exchanging items between guests and staff (check-in, room key, payment, amenities, etc.)
- We have installed gel alcohol disinfection stations in public areas, as well as sinks and soap in strategic areas.
- All guests and team members should wash their hands frequently.
- All luggage will be disinfected on arrival.
- All guests needs to submit to temperature check upon entering the hotel, and on a daily basis.
- Those whose temperature is higher than the established one will not be able to enter and will be advised to go to the corresponding health facility.
- Implementation of strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols for all rooms before guest’s arrival and after their departure. Non-essential, high- touch items were removed.
Food & Beverage
- Culinary staff is being retrained in safe food handling and preparation, and hygiene protocols are being reinforced.
- We have expanded meal times to allow for less crowding in breakfast and dining rooms.
- Meal times will be as follows: Breakfast from 7 – 9 AM, Lunch from 1 – 3 PM and Dinner from 7 – 8.30 PM.
- We have created tailored options for groups and have made privates spaces available.
- We encourage contactless payment for all services as much as possible.
- Our team members have taken additional training in compliance with the requirements of competent authorities on Covid-19 and safety and disinfection protocols.
- Every team member of the hotel will use the required mask and personal protective equipment (PPE) as part of their uniform.
- All staff and guests must maintain a distance of 6 feet (1.8 meters). When not possible, protective equipment will be required for the staff.
- We have released an internal protocol regulating the use of face masks, frequently and proactive temperature checks, and a disinfection process for all staff member entering work premises. We will be monitoring carefully any symptoms related to COVID-19 on a daily basis. If there is the slightest suspicion of the virus, he/she will be sent to testing immediately and the health protocol will be placed in effect.
- All staff members have access to hand washing and hand sanitizing, disinfecting products and protective equipment before they perform their tasks.
- There will be designated areas to check the temperature of team members and suppliers, in a discreet and non-invasive manner.
Activities and other services
- A briefing on safety and health measures will be given to all guests before each activity.
- Guests, guides and drivers are required by law to wear a mask while in vehicles, trains and any form of transportation.
- All tours and activities will be offered in a private format and/or in a smaller groups, when possible, and as required.
- For small group activities, safe distancing will be implemented between guests and staff.
- All equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- The reception area will coordinate with the passengers and guides for any activities/tours.
- The guide must maintain at least 6 feet or 1.8 meters of social distancing at all times.
- Third party suppliers and other service providers must comply with Mountain Lodges of Peru hygiene/safety standards.
- All drivers have received detailed training on physical distancing practices.
- Drivers, guides and guests are required by law to wear a mask at all times while in a vehicle or on trains.
- All vehicles will be disinfected between trips.
- All vehicles will have alcohol gel available for our guests’ use.
- Larger vehicles are used for private transportation and guests must sit in the rear seats of the vehicles, to allow the recommended distance from drivers – Drivers are responsible for sanitizing vehicles between uses according to specific guidelines and training.
- Fan settings are configured not to recirculate air inside the vehicle – Masks are available for drivers and guests.
- When loading luggage into vehicles, drivers follow hand hygiene protocols
These health and safety measures will be reviewed and updated regularly by MLP as needed in compliance with Peruvian Ministry of Health’s requirements to ensure our guests the best possible experience.